Sunday, June 15, 2008

Lessons From Lingerie



For some reason, the thought of walking for 3 days, 20 miles a day, did not intimidate me before I signed up for the 3 Day. I'm probably crazy, I know! I do know it is going to take a lot of time and commitment to get ready for the physical demands of the 3 Day Experience. But I'm not worried. I have some secrets just like Victoria's that I'm going to share with you. Everything I need to be apart of the Susan G. Komen 3 day walk comes from my lingerie drawer.

Support: I knew I needed some support. And Laura's decision to walk with me is a fabulous fit! We've known each other for more than two decades now. We've even vacationed together a few times, so we know what it's like to share space. The pink pup tent they are housing us in is smaller than any hotel room we've shared, that is for sure! But I'm so glad that I have someone to do this with, and hold me up when I'm sagging.

Size: We've measured ourselves...we've determined our current paces and know when we are at the gym what we want to accomplish to improve ourselves. And we've set goals to grow. We've finished our first 10K this weekend and we're going to keep walking, adding more mileage and more hills as we go along.

Fun and Flirty: Unmentionables aren't fun unless they are fun. Come on, please tell me that you have at least one “naughty” bra in your underclothing collection! Even if there isn't anyone seeing it, it's just fun to have it on and know that you are sporting a 'tude underneath your business professional clothes or your best church dress! And that is how we are going to make our 3 Day journey. Fun with a little bit of pizazz! Anytime you get women together, there's bound to be laughter and LOTS of talking. But Laura and I are planning and plotting all sorts of lace and frills to add to our basic “Cross My Heart” experience. Making our team our own team with purpose, meaning and lots of laughs. Plotting team shirts and/or hats. Creating an awesome blog. And having you all share in it with us makes it all the more fun!

So keep posted for the next time we put our jogging bras on and put some more miles under our bra straps!

Your bosom buddy, Jenn!

No comments: