Tuesday, June 17, 2008

New shoes!


I went to RoadRunner Sports today and got some new walking shoes for training. They were really helpful there. They do a whole shoe analysis before you pick out your shoes to see how you walk, what type of foot you have, what you'll be using the shoes for, etc. so they can help you pick just the right shoe for you.

I walked on a computerized pressure pad thingy (its all very technical) to see how my foot falls when I step down. Then I walked on a treadmill while they videotaped my feet so they can see how I roll my foot as I take a step. I figured I would be a challenge for them since I have somewhat flat feet and I walk like a duck - seriously, I've had people ask me if I'm a ballet dancer because they noticed I was standing around with my feet pointed straight out to the sides - but they worked it out and recommended shoes that are for stability to keep my foot from rolling so much when I walk.

They are giving 10% off to all breast cancer walk participants so I got a nice little break on the price on my New Balance shoes. I took them out for a spin around the neighborhood when I got home and tested them out. Pretty comfy. This walk was also my first foray into the world of synthetic socks (this is very exciting stuff people!) as all the trainers, experienced walkers say, "NO COTTON!" They felt a little odd but I think I'll get used to them. This was also the premiere walk for my new ipod Shuffle as my previous mp3 player died at the gym last week (R.I.P. my little hot pink Sandisk). It was great.

So now I feel all set to take on training!


Laura

No comments: