Saturday, July 19, 2008

Vanity Fair


You just aren't going to see many pictures of me right before, during, or right after a walk. I'm generally not a vain person. I can leave the house without make-up on and not worry about it. But I rarely get photographed without it. Something about the glare of the flash does not do any wonders for my appearance! Not to mention, I'll also be in Spandex/polyester mix and my hair slicked back into a ball cap. I'm not so vain as to refuse a picture taken of me training for this. And there will be tons taken during the 3 day... I'm just warning you, there won't be many until then!

Laura and I met up at Lake Murray again this morning . She had tickets to see "Phantom of the Opera" and needed to get downtown later on. The last half mile of the lake has been closed off the past two times we've gone. Making it a 5.5 mile loop instead of a 6.4. Laura went 5.5 before heading home to get ready, I determined that I'd do 12.

Laura mentioned that I'm having problems with my new shoes. Last week, I figured I just hadn't broken them in well enough. They weren't bad when I was working out at the gym. But I still had problems with them today. My body seems to be fairly content with me going 8 miles...so the last 4 miles were killers! I am sporing several new blisters, unfortunately. There are several factors to consider as to why my feet are so "jacked up", but in all, I just didn't have problems like this until I tried these new shoes. So, back to RoadRunner to take advantage of their 60 day return policy. I'll give another pair a try on for size, and hope for the best!

No comments: