Friday, January 8, 2010

Back in Training...Again

It's time to get blogging again! It's been nice to take some time off and just chill but the RNR marathon training group meets tomorrow for the first time and RNR training officially begins! I am actually a little nervous. Like the new school year is starting and I'm the new kid in town. I realize that most people won't know each other either, but I'm afraid they will kind of laugh at my desire to walk it...not run it.

In all honesty, half-marathoners, marathoners and ultra'ers (that's a made up word for people who do ultra marathons) have always treated me with respect. It's that whole, 'you get up and do it again and then do it all again a third time' deal that gets them. So why the apprehension?

Maybe it's my own nerves. When I first signed up for the 3 day, I never doubted my ability to be able to train up to a 3 day. There's a certain power that comes with a 12 hour limit (about the time that the sun shines during the day in November...the 3 day pretty much goes from sun up to sun down). But now I've got this seven hour deadline hanging over me. I mean, if I don't end up being able to do it, so be it. I guess it's just back to that "acceptance" I hope to find with with other people who are training for it, too.

Well, if some of them are as nervous as I am, I guess it will all work out. But training season means early to bed, early to rise. So it's time I turn in. Yikes! Wish me well for my 1st training walk tomorrow!

No comments: