Friday, June 25, 2010

6/5/10 Back in The Saddle--Pre Training Boob Crew Walk!



Training using the 24 week schedule officially begins this coming week. I started getting excited, finally really excited, when I thought about getting to be with the Boob Crew. They are some of the finest people I know and I'm honored to share in their journeys with them. I don't just walk for my family, I walk for their families and loved ones.


This first training walk was a short easy four miler (or was it 3?). Just around part of the lakes and back. It was great to have my long time WP Laura along as well as my friend Marcia from Foothills. I was so excited to see new faces amongst the familiar ones in the Crew...but while I was happy to see Bekki, Mike, Q, Donna, Terri...there were also several missing. Where in the heck was Tim? How can I train without him? LOL


It was just so good to be back with these amazing folks. Sadly, the walk wasn't just a kick off walk, it was a memorial walk. A member of "Bippity, Boppity Boobs", Sherri Wallace, had just lost her fight with breast cancer weeks ago. It's a sad reminder that it's a vicious battle we are fighting. She left behind two teenaged daughters and a husband. She's mourned and missed by us all.

No comments: