Sunday, June 27, 2010

Week 22...and counting down!



I walked around the Del Mar fair this weekend...okay, mostly to walk off the brisket, bloomin' onion, fudge and cookies I shared with my family while I was there!



I did go do a real walk this weekend! Shack called me up on Friday to check to see if I was coming on Saturday. A much needed hair appointment conflicted time-wise (I said goodbye to six inches!) but luckily, Bekki had planned a back to back walk Sunday morning. I really did drive 80 miles to walk with these folks for...4 miles.

It really is worth it to be a part of such an amazing team. I won't be up for it every weekend, but I'll be driving down more times than it's practical to this summer just to be encouraged on in my training and uplifted in my soul. This really is an amazing group of walkerss. I'm sure there are other great training groups, but I already have one that is like family. I can't quite picture, after two years, walking with anyone else!



And in other news...Laura and her mom went to the San Diego Race for the Cure workshop this weekend. They've named the 5K team "Judy's JUGgernauts"! I can't wait to walk with them in the beginning of November. It seems far away, but it won't be long until we're donning our shirts and hats to Walk for the Cure. Wonder what we'll be wearing for it!

No comments: