Thursday, January 8, 2009

Bummer Ankle

The walk was an awesome experience. We had a great time and enjoyed it so much. Unfortunately I hurt my ankle in the process. The doctor called it Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome - like Carpal Tunnel - but in the ankle. So I had to rest and haven't been able to exercise much lately. Now I'm doing a series of physical therapy appointments to learn exercises to strengthen the ankle. Given some more time it should be fine.

However, this means no more extreme walking for me. Thankfully it also means no more camping in little tiny tents! So I will be co-pit crew captain with Rae for Team Jil this year! I'm already putting together my list of must-have songs to make a cd to blast at the cheering stations.

Go Team Jil!

Laura

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love a good bummers ankle. especially with extra skiddies.