Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Walking the Walk

I was talking with a friend from church last night who has joined up with a group to walk in the 3 day! She's with a team of 15 ladies from our church. It sounds like they are all new to it, except for one woman who walked it a few years back. How exciting! The choir director had told me that usually a few women a year from the 8:30 service choir walk, but I go to the 10:30 service, so I didn't actually meet anyone at church who was going to the 2008 walk.

Oh, and this is too funny. She said that they are going to be staying at hotels nearby, no camping for them! I have to agree. I am just not a camper, so it is a little overwhelming to deal with the camping experience and the 3 day experience. The tents were small. You have to zip yourself in and out every time you want to get in and out while not waking up your tent mate and walking partner. Just getting out of the pup tent in the middle of the night with swollen feet and stiff leg muscles was a challenge. But then you have to find your way to the stinky port-a-potties and figure out where to put the flashlight so that you can find the toilet paper. And find your tent again in the middle of the night. And it was very damp as we were literally camping on the water, it was just a few feet away. Ughh. I chose the 3 day experience over camping! I'll probably just go home each night but I'm totally up for staying in a hotel nearby too!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I think you guys should stay at a hotel so you can stay focused on the experience and keep the team vibe going.

Laura