Tuesday, September 2, 2008

My Glamorous Walking Belt...In Home Use Only!!!


I bought a "walking DVD" about a month ago. It was slightly risky, as I'd never done any workouts by the instructor. But I've actually enjoyed doing it and now use it a couple times a week. You do more than just walk in place during the workout. "She" (Leslie Sansone) has you do aerobic moves intermixed with walking, working all sorts of leg muscles. Side steps. Kicks. Kickbacks (squats). She even lets you walk up and down your living room, if you so desire. It's 45 minutes in length and you walk approximately three miles. The DVD I bought came with the ever so glamorous "walking belt" pictured above. Using it on and off during the workout, it tones your upper body, mostly the arms.
It's fairly effective...but not something I'd wear unless I was in the comfort of my own home!

At first, I wasn't sure if an at-home walking video would be a very good workout. But I found that I actually work up a sweat! Leslie can be perky to the point of being annoying, but she's not that bad. I can handle her. I might even buy another one of her workout DVD's!

Walking for a Cause...Jenn

No comments: