Friday, June 12, 2009

The Three Little Piggies Conquer the Mud Run!



My 2008 WP (walking partner), Laura, and our friend Mylinh, joined me in the Mudrun my sister's church hosts every year. I'd done it once before and was looking forward to tackling the course once again. There are mud pits EVERYWHERE and did I mention the HUGE hill that is probably as steep as Juan Street? I'd already signed up for the mud run when I had hand surgery, and the PA wasn't sure I should attempt the course. I decided to go for it anyway, and wore a glove over my incision to help keep the mud out.



I do believe that the yellow glove created a fashion statement all of it's own. In fact, I very well may make a whole outfit around yellow gloves for the next mud run! It was a blast but it is a very dirty event! You pretty much just plan to trash your clothes and your shoes afterward, so if you join me next time, just make sure you are wearing your oldest workout clothes!

1 comment:

RetroMama said...

Wait. Mylinh was there, too??? How did I miss that tidbit?!?!? You guys are adorable... Good job!!! (I really want to do this one of these days!!!!)

L&L!!