Saturday, November 20, 2010

Day 1--November 19

As disappointed as I was to miss out on walking, I still found myself getting excited about being a cheerleader because I myself have been so incredibly blessed...and entertained...by the cheerleaders on the course in past walking years. Honestly, it feels so amazing to have so many crowds of people out cheering you on. There are some cheerleaders who "walker stalk" the course. You see them multiple times a day, and look forward to seeing their smiling faces and encouraging words/songs/dances.

The Hula Hooters are amongst my favorite. They often hold a sign that says: Body By 3 Day. Love these ladies and their infectious spirit!


When I grow up, I want to be a "Hooker for Hooters"! These ladies are AWESOME!

I loved that I got to "brush boobs", so to speak, with them at closing ceremonies. They loved my sign!


The "Hakuna Ma TaTa's" with their "Free Hugs" are awesome.


I think more and more of their cheerleaders have ended up walking but they still seem to have more "free hugger's" out on the course than the year before!.


Oh, the Melon Men! They are such fun guys!


And the pink wigged group. One of them is a survivor!

And one of their guys graciously offers his energy kisses. It took three days, but I realized I needed some energy and got one last year as I walked into downtown towards the finish line.


Even cheerleaders need energy so I made sure to get one this year, too!

And of course, generously returned the favor!

I heart his Kissteria sign!

The TAG Team are my absolute FAVORITES! They just show up along the course, whenever and wherever! Bill, the Boob on the left, is incredible. He's cheers have gotten me to keep walking when I wanted to quit more than once.



My goal was to become a familiar face of encouragement and find the spots where cheer leaders don't tend to frequent. I think I succeeded. What an amazing three day journey of my own I got to have as a cheerleader!

No comments: