Thursday, August 28, 2008

Speaking of Exercise...

Two days before my aunt passed away, I got to go visit her in the hospital. We talked about my boy cat, Busy Bee. He is well...large in girth. Okay, he's fat. 16.5 lbs, to be exact! Aunt Jil told me that I should play ball with Bee, to keep him active and to get his weight down. I had bought a softball the week she passed away as I was planning to be a part of a softball tournament this month and needed some practice. I had put it up on a high shelf to keep it away from the cats, but I kept finding it on the floor. The day of her funeral, I heard a loud thunk. Bee had gotten the ball down again, and was wrestling with it. Smile. Playing with the ball, just like Aunt Jil said. I haven't seen him do it since. So I am trying to find ways to keep him active...he wasn't interested in toys this week, but got very excited about a fly yesterday. I am seriously contemplating getting crickets and releasing a few in the mornings. Let him jump and chase around after them all day. As long as they are dead by bedtime, I don't care!

Speaking of exercise, I finally got some in today! I got sick at the beginning of last week and went from having the cold to getting flu like symptoms. I saw my general physician at the beginning of this week when the nausea and the vomiting didn't go away. He's given me a vague diagnosis for the stomach ailment, but is concerned about the strain this could put on my gall bladder. Half a life time ago, it seems, I had gall bladder problems. I always figured that the gall stones just got absorbed back into my body. According to my GP, the stones are just sitting there in my gall bladder. Any trouble and my gall bladder could try to pass a stone. When that happens it is very painful. And they do get stuck sometimes, which results in emergency gall bladder removal surgery. Clearly, I don't want that! So I've been following his diet instructions and taking it easy. I didn't want to push it, but I was starting to go crazy not working out. So tonight, I did some pilates and walking. I didn't push it and I still feel good. Hopefully, I can incorporate some exercise into my daily schedule but I will take it nice and slow for this next week. I don't want a relapse...or something worse!

--Bee's Mommy (Jenn)

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Who ya calling fat?!

- Riley Stokes, 18 lbs.

Jenn said...

"Big." Bee's Grandpa Kuyper says he is just BIG. So I retract my statement!

--Bee's mommy