Friday, October 31, 2008

3 weeks away from the 3 day!!!

In exactly three weeks, Laura and I will be beginning an amazing, 60 mile journey! We'll meet up with thousands of other walkers at the Del Mar Racetrack for opening ceremonies...and then...we're off! I can't believe that, after all of our preparations, it is almost time. We're meeting up with our training walk for a 12 miler tomorrow. This will most likely be my last big walk with them. I really want to give my body, mostly my feet, a bit of a break for a few weeks. I'll still be walking, just not the big miles. It'll be nice to feel like I have my weekends back. It's been worth it to have trained so much, but I'm ready to get caught up on a few projects around the house. And, sometime in the next week and a half, we'll be posting the cheering stations. Looking forward to seeing you cheer us on from the sidelines!

--Jenn

No comments: