Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Brrr!


I saw that a friend of mine, who walks marathons and other such endurance walks, gives her feet an ice bath after training walks. I did some research about it on the web and decided to give it a try. BRRRR!! Is it COLD! As soon as I can after I get home from a walk, I fill up a basin with tap water. I put my feet in and add ice. The first few minutes are fine, refreshing even. Then the pain sets in! I make it to about 8 minutes without thinking that I'm crazy, but minutes nine and ten are pretty intense! Ten minutes is my limit for now. I do think that it helps the recovery go more quickly. But I'm changing from a basin to buckets this weekend. I don't feel like I can quite get my ankles covered enough in the basin without the ice water overflowing. The cats are quite excited by this new activity. They seem to think that I'm providing them with the biggest, coldest water bowl ever, and don't seem to mind my feet being in the way! Gross, Mr. Bee!

No comments: