Sunday, October 12, 2008

Takin' a Break...



Laura and I have been training hard! Yesterday, we made it almost 18 miles! I was slightly surprised that I could make it that far even after we finished up and were waiting (very tiredly) for our salads at Mimi's cafe. We've been walking on Sundays even after our big miles on Saturdays, and the Sunday walks have taken so long that I've missed church services for about a month. My pastors and the music director know all about the walk and my reasons for doing it. They understand, but I was ready to take a break from walking back to back, and get back to church this morning. It was nice to actually sleep in until my body was ready to wake up. Even after a two hour nap on Saturday after our miles, I still got over ten hours of sleep last night. I came home from church and rested for a few more hours. My body needed this rest!

The longer and longer walks every weekend are grueling. We need the training and practice, but the occasional break like this will help our bodies rebound from the wear and tear on our feet and legs, and help us push towards the last few weeks before we go for the big "6-0"! I'm ready to get back to walking, but am really glad I took a break today.


--Jenn (with happy, rested feet!)

P.S. Our long walk yesterday took us through Santee Lakes. We took a quick stretch break near the antique tractor show and got some pictures with the stars of the show!

No comments: