Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Tape




The very nice lady at Dr. Runco's practice had to reschedule me from tomororw night to today for my appointment. I was pretty jazzed about it; the sooner the better, I was thinking. Overall, Dr. Runco wasn't worried about an injury causing the swelling/pain. For whatever reasons (there could be a couple different things) my body is responding to the big miles by my feet swelling up. So he gave me some ideas on what I can do to increase circulation to my feet to bring the swelling down. He's taped me up with Kinseo tape, just to see if that helps. He's given me a new shoe lacing technique which I think will really help keep my feet securely in my shoes without being so tight on the top of my foot (where it hurts the most). And, he's going to find me some compression socks. The knee high tight socks that elderly people (or diabetics) wear to increase their circulation. Triathletes favor them. Oh baby, won't that make me look EVEN hotter than I do now when I'm walking! Well I'll try anything at this point. If even one of the ideas he had works, I'll be pretty happy. In the meantime, I'm taped almost knee to toe in PINK Kinseo tape! I feel like a pink Skeletor for some reason...just in time for Halloween.

Passionate for Pink!
Jenn

No comments: