Sunday, October 5, 2008

A Break at the Lake

Laura and I ended up at the lake this morning. It was a nice break from walking on sidewalks of busy streets with signal lights. We saw several other sets of 3 day in-training walkers doing the lake loop, too. We hope that they are getting out on the streets and doing some inclines! The lake is nice, but it doesn't have any hills or cars to worry about. Last weekend had been discouraging for me. My feet hurt more than usual and I didn't take the time to really rest my feet after my Sunday walk. It took several days to feel like my feet were back to normal. I started dreading the walks this weekend. It got to the point to where I decided if this weekend was just as discouraging, it was time for a break from the long miles. No sense in getting frustrated at this point. But, the walks and recovery time went really well this weekend and I'm back to feeling positive about how far I've come. I don't think that we can ever totally be ready for the experience of the 3 day. But at this point, if we end up on a sweeper van catching a ride to the next pit stop, it won't be from lack of training on our end. :0)

Jenn (writing with my feet propped up!)

No comments: