Friday, October 3, 2008

Big Miles!



Last weekend I got in some BIG miles! It's been such a crazy and hectic week I haven't been able to blog about it until now. Doing these longer and longer walks really cuts into personal time. The start/end time for "Boob Camp Bekki's" training walk didn't work for Laura's schedule. But the ladies are so warm and friendly that I wasn't worried about joining them solo. We conquered 14.5 miles! We did the first 8.5 in Santee, then took the trolley over to La Mesa and did the rest there. Most of the group only did the first 8.5 Like Laura, they had conflicting events in the later morning.

On Sunday, I went over to my old stomping grounds, Mira Mesa, and walked some hills. Four inclines which meant, of course, accompanying downhills. Ughh! Unlike when you are riding a bike, going downhill is not very much fun or relaxing. My pace was slower than usual, as I was a little stiff from the day before, but I still got in 13.5 miles!

We're less than seven weeks away from the walk! Can you believe it?! Stay tunned, Laura and I have a 15 miler tomorrow morning! We're hoping to avoid the "possibility of drizzle." No one wants to walk 15 miles with wet feet in soggy shoes!

No comments: